Home Health Aides Job Responsibilities:
Home Health Aides enable patients to stay in their homes by monitoring and recording patient condition; providing support and personal services; teaching families.
Home Health Aides Job Duties:
* Monitors patient condition by observing physical and mental condition, intake and output, and exercise.
* Supports patients by providing housekeeping and laundry services; shopping for food and other household requirements; preparing and serving meals and snacks; running errands.
* Assists patients by providing personal services, such as, bathing, dressing, and grooming.
* Helps patients care for themselves by teaching use of cane or walker, special utensils to eat, special techniques and equipment for personal hygiene.
* Helps family members care for the patient by teaching appropriate ways to lift, turn, and re-position the patient; advising on nutrition, cleanliness, and housekeeping.